2016 Field and Trail Closures
For Firearm Deer Season.
|Firearm Deer (Handgun, Muzzleloader & Shotgun)||Nov. 18 – 20; Dec. 1 – 4, 2016|
|Deer (Muzzleloading rifles only)||Dec. 9 – 11, 2016 also
allowed Dec. 3 – 6 2016
|Youth Firearm Deer||Oct. 8 – 10 and
Nov 18-20 2016
Quail Club Hunting Procedures
August 10th 2016 Board Approved
ONLY QUAIL CLUB MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO HUNT ON OUR GROUNDS
- Wild game may be hunted on the Quail club grounds while in season. Members must obey all IDNR hunting regulations including daily and possession limits.
- No wild Bobwhite Quail hunting will be permitted on Quail Club grounds due to attempts to reestablish Bobwhite Quail populations.
- Put and take Quail hunting will be allowed during the upland game season. Hunters may harvest the legal bag limit of 8 quail per day. Hunters must have in their possession a valid Illinois Game Bird Breeders Permit to legally possess live captive raised game birds.
- Hunters must check in and out and indicate hunting location at sign in station. At end of hunt all harvested game must be logged in. Sign-in station located by quail pen behind tractor shed.
- During bow and firearm deer season hunters may use any existing tree stand or blind that is on Quail club grounds on a first come first serve basis. Limit of 5 hunters at one time. No deer stalking permitted.
- No single projectile firearms shall be fired on Quail Club Grounds, other than Deer firearm hunting seasons as designated by Illinois DNR. All Quail club grounds will be posted as closed for firearm deer season
- Dove hunting will be limited to 12 hunters at one time.
- Hunters must always pay attention to direction of projectile pattern and distance to existing structures while discharging firearms on club grounds. Safety must always be our number one goal.
- Any violations of hunting procedures will be brought to the attention of the Quail club board for appropriate action.
REMINDER: The Quail Club prohibits the discharge of rifles and handguns on club grounds.
Any violations of hunting procedures will be brought to the attention of the Quail Club Board of Directors for appropriate action.