Quail Club Dog Hunting Rules For All Dog Trainers
All Trainers and people participating will read the IDNR Title 17, Part 960, DOG TRAINING ON NON-DEPARTMENT OWNED OR – MANAGED LANDS, by following the link below
- Having read and understood the regulations set out by the state, all Trainers and Participants will sign the log located in the Quail Pen.
- Participants referred to shall be Quail Club Members. Members may bring one (1) guest.
- There are three (3) distinct areas as indicated on the map of the “Designated do training area.”
- Safe operation will be four participants and three dogs MAXIMUM per area.
- ALL Quail removed from the Quail Pen for training purposes will be paid for at the current rate set by the Club, no matter whether they are harvested or left for recall. Leg Bands are available in the Quail Pen.
- Reserving an area in advance is advisable but not mandatory, however, reservations have priority.
- The “Dog Training” season @ the Quail Club will be from the last day of the Regular Hunting Season until April 1st, and will start again September 1st and run until the First Day of Quail Season.
- No Training while Dove Hunters are in the Field. Everyone can be accommodated if the reservation system is used.
- The Training Permit is good year round however, we will practice Good Conservation measures and shut down our fields during the nesting season.